HOW DOES BED OF NAILS WORK?
Bed of Nails is an excellent aid in self-treatment that helps stimulate energy in the body. While triggering the body’s innate way of healing itself, it is an effective tool for easing tension and inducing a state of deep relaxation. Bed of Nails is similar to acupuncture; the pressure of the rounded nails against the skin may help the body release endorphins, the body’s very own “happiness drug” which provides a sense of joy, energy and pain relief, and oxytocin, which makes you feel calm and relaxed (yes, it is possible to feel energetic and be relaxed at the same time!). With more nails than most other acupressure mats on the market, it allows for more treatment and more comfort. Less nails not only provide less treatment, it’s also a more painful experience with more weight on each nail.
HOW DO I USE BED OF NAILS?
Use your Bed of Nails when needed, preferably daily for 10 to 20 minutes, or as long as you desire. As a new user it might be better to lie for a shorter period of time, until the body gets used to the nails. It is completely harmless to lie for a longer period of time or even to fall asleep on it. Everyone is different, so it is key that you find the best way to use your BON. To help you get the most out of your treatment, here are some cool tricks:
Slowly lower yourself onto the Bed of Nails, evenly distributing your weight across the nails. We recommend beginners, or users who prefer less intense pressure, to wear a light t-shirt.
- Lay down on top for more intense treatment on your bed or on the floor.
- Lean against for less intensity at the back of a sofa or the back of an armchair or against stacked up pillows in bed. (The more body weight put on the nails, the more intense the sensation).
- Step on your BON Mat for a foot massage (Stand still - the nails will do the work). For less intensity, sit down before putting feet on the BON Mat.
- The BON Mat can be used in combination with the BON Pillow.
To target curved areas like the neck, lumbar and under the feet, use our BON Pillow. It can be used by itself or in combination with the BON Mat or several BON Pillows at the same time.
- For neck support. Lay down on top or lean against, depending on desired intensity.
- For lumbar support when sitting or laying down. Perfect for your office chair, sofa, when you drive or travel on a plane.
- Under your feet for zone-therapy to stimulate the organs in your body. Perfect to use at work while sitting in your office chair or while relaxing at home.
- Use the pillow under your feet while lying on your BON Mat.
The BON Strap allows you to reach those particular spots on the body needing extra healing and targeted treatment. Apply the nails directly to the area of your body you want to treat, against bare skin or through light clothing, and use the ribbons to tie around to keep the strap in place. A few suggested areas for use, but not limited to. Tie around:
- Head to relieve headaches.
- Head to relieve headaches.waste to relieve lower back pain.
- Arm to relieve tendonitis.
- Any area with cellulite for treatment.
- Any area to improve circulation.
- Thighs to relieve muscle tension from running.
- Abdomen to relieve upset stomach, constipation or period aches.